Thursday, January 6, 2011

Creativity and innovation - Part I

Alhamdulillah, thanks to Allah for giving me another chance to breathe for another new day.

The communication module was officially ended with the finale presentation of the business proposal by all the groups. I gained a lot of new knowledge and experiences throughout the module. The module helped me a lot in improving my confidence especially when I talked in front of people. In this post, it is no longer about communication module anymore; it is about the new module – the technical module.

Day 1 – 29 December 2010

The technical module for BeST program started today. For the first 4 days, 1 had the creativity and innovation session by Mr. Barjoyai Bin Bardai. At the beginning, I learnt more on the theory of the creativity and innovation in term of the definition, the differences between creativity, invention and innovation. I also learnt all the 5Q’s which were: IQ – intelligence, EQ – emotional, CQ – creativity, SQ – spiritual and PQ – entrepreneurship. All this Qs were explained further by Mr. Barjoyai.

Mr. Barjoyai is a very successful person, he run five different businesses in five different companies. He is so interested in all the new invention which is totally weird things. He brought his backpack which was full with all the new invention that brought from all around the world. He showed us some of his things like the spectacles with mp3 and camera, the machine washing ball, flexible screwdriver, magic soap and other things that I totally have no idea what its name and function. Some of the new and weird things were successfully penetrated the market compared to certain things that believed was not user friendly. After all, it was very interesting and exciting experience where I saw for the first time all those stuffs. It made me thought of having my own collection of all the weird things same like Mr. Barjoyai. I shared my taught with him and he said it is not too late to have that and it is very good taught.        

For the group activity, each group was assigned to discuss and list down all the new idea and invention that was not yet in the market and then presented it. From the discussion, each group came up with very super duper extravaganza ideas. There were group that shared the same idea. I would not list down all the new ideas that my group had discussed because it will make my post to become longer.

As the conclusion,

Knowledge + imagination + evaluation = creativity

Innovation ≠ creativity

“Every new idea is a wrong idea, every new idea is a good idea and therefore, every new idea is a good idea”.

No comments:

Post a Comment